We have partnered with HealthCap® to deliver our members a better, stronger, general and professional liability insurance program specifically for nursing, assisted and independent living facilities.
- Skilled and intermediate care nursing facilities
- Assisted and supported living facilities
- Post-acute, rehabilitation, and specialty facilities
Liability Program Highlights
- Competitive rates
- Claims-made or occurrence coverage options
- Umbrella coverage available
- "A" (exceptional) Demotech® financial stability rating
- Strong risk management program
- Aggressive claims management and defense
- HUD approved
- A-rated reinsurance program
Risk Management Program
The goal of our Risk Management Program is to eliminate or reduce the number of claims brought against your facility. HealthCap members have access to a variety of tools and services designed by experts dedicated to serving long-term care providers.
Implementing our Risk Management Program also helps members reduce the likelihood of becoming the target of liability claims.
Risk Management Services include:
- On-site facility and programmatic risk assessments
- Customized loss control programs designed by members of our Risk Management Team
- Member online access to HealthCap's library of Risk Management Best Practices and video library
- Regional training programs (CEU opportunities)
- HealthCap University—an online Learning Management System
Pro-Active Claims Management
Effective claims management and defense starts with timely and thorough incident investigation, response, and reporting. We turn over identified potential claims to Hamlin & Burton's Liability and Claim Management Service. They will work with you throughout the entire claims process.
- They review the initial investigation from both a legal and medical perspective.
- They assign legal defense to a firm from our extensive approved defense panel.
- They coordinate an aggressive defense strategy for the best possible outcome.
As a managing general agent for HealthCap, we have established a partnership to provide general and professional liability insurance coverage to long-term care facility operators in most states. Through HealthCap, a risk retention group, we can offer a quality program for members while spreading risk among those members to save you money.
For more information on what HealthCap can offer your organization, call direct or have your agent or broker call Lloyd Wiesemann at 217-403-4921, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.